Lt Col Trevor Browne has been elected president of the Barbados Association of Professional Engineers at the AGM held on 7 November 2017.
Engineer Grenville Phillips did not seek reelection to the Board. Other committee members elected are:
- Engineer Andrea Palmer -1st Vice President
- Mr Jason Clarke -Secretary
- Engineer Paula Agbowu – Treasurer
- Engineer Eric Clarke – member
- Mr Vincent Jones – member
- Engineer William Ashby – member
- Engineer George Johnson – member
Mr Kenton Gamble is student observer, and Engineer Philips will fill the post of Past President.
The new committee has already outlined an aggressive promotional program for engineering over the next year. The plan involves a strategic review of BAPE’s role in Barbadian society, a new look at Continuous Professional Development for engineers, and a much more aggressive public education program in engineering.